Pages

Monday 1 April 2013

The Easter Bump Hunt of 2013

This morning, slipping out of bed early to leave H for a late lie in after a later night of work, I was lazily sipping my (decaf) coffee and reading about the search for the Higgs Boson here, when this reference caught my eye: 'The Easter Bump Hunt of 2011'.  

Why, yes I thought to myself. That's what I'm caught up in too, for 2013!

Oh, wait...

(And yes, I have bump on the brain. And, are there other kinds of bumps besides pregnancy ones? I'm suddenly gripped. And yes, you'll have to read the article through to the end for their particular usage of 'bump'. I can't do all the work around here people. I'm no physicist.)

But continuing with the article, it got more uncanny. According to its authors, the Bump Hunt of 2011 'was only one episode in a roller coaster of sleepless nights, bright promises, missed clues, false alarms, euphoria, depression, gritty calculation, cooperation and envy, all the tedium and vertiginous notions of...'

I'm very tempted to finish that sentence with 'infertility', but in fact it read 'modern science'.

Sounds familiar though, right?

So friends, we're all really very much like physicists then.


Totally not my ovaries. It's the search for the Higgs Boson! Source.



6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha: "one episode in a roller coaster of sleepless nights, bright promises, missed clues, false alarms, euphoria, depression, gritty calculation, cooperation and envy, all the tedium and vertiginous notions of...'" totally sounds familiar.

    And "The bump hunt" , yes that's what we're at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yup, sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ovaries should totally look like that! Alas, my surgery photos from last month prove that my particular ovaries look a bit more gross and much less badass than that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BINGO! (Also, I totally see a letter to the editor in your future - "Dear New York Times, you have no idea how right you are, sincerely, my reproductive system")

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha how sensitive of them without even knowing it!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, leave a comment. Your words brighten my day!